Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's 1 AM, and the digital notepad has been staring at me blankly for over three hours now. Words fail me, and so instead, I knitted a scarf in blue and red and listened to songs from the 1970 Derek and the Dominos album, and the 1987 'Trio' album with Linda Rondstadt, Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. Then I found another great version of 'Farther Along' (which is in 'Trio'), this rendition performed by Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers. In recognition of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthay on January 15, I located some images of him, and quotes from his many uplifting speeches. I've almost left out that Simon and Garfunkel's 'me and Julio' song and 'Homeward Bound' were on the unplanned list, and The Flatlanders' version - and then Emmylou's - of 'If I were a bluebird' brought me a kind of joy.

The scarf is around my neck. I now have this urge to draw mazes, but still no ideas about what to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment