Friday, April 17, 2015

Art and photography enthusiast that I am, my eyes follow the dark. My eyes follow the light. I'm looking at a hanging light fixture in the library, cylindrical in shape.  A square window of cloudy gray sky creates a pleasing background. The fixture is on, and it is glowing...like a lampshade shaped like a soda pop can.

Yesterday, a little later than this, I watched water funneling upward in the center of a fountain in a shallow pool. The late afternoon was cloudy, little direct sunlight, but the water cupped light like a chalice, or as a white poppy or lily might hold sunshine.

The light from the fixture is generated from a bulb within. The light from the fountain - I looked for several minutes and am uncertain how the bloom of light and water works.

No comments:

Post a Comment