Saturday, March 14, 2015

cars and antelope

Bear with me please today - this is an idiosyncratic entry. For some months, I've been pondering over how many names there are for animals like gazelles. I'm still struggling to remember the ones I once knew. I noticed that several automobiles of the past were named after such animals, and then lost a couple of the memories along the way. Below are the lists of words my memory has - grudgingly - coughed up. There is some connection between the vehicles that have multiplied over the past century, and the creatures who have dwindled. There is also something that goes deep in a list of names we have given our truly loved vehicles. No agenda here, just waking up something.

duiker
impala
gazelle
antelope
buick


car nation

chevrolet
buick
impala
sequoia
forester
corolla
corona
chrysler
suburu
honda
toyota
expedition
ranchero
suburban
infiniti
mustang
thunderbird
jeep
volkswagen
ford
rambler
cadillac
lincoln
volvo
seville
new yorker
voyager
civic
delta 88
firebird
gremlin
opel
F-250
cougar
monte carlo
rabbit
Falcon
Model T
odyssey
mitsubishi
skylark
beetle

No comments:

Post a Comment